You’re really starting to turn into a professional with all of this knowledge of color, balance, and aesthetic effects! However, there are just a few things we have left to cover regarding kitchen design. Arguably, these may be the most important parts. So, let’s get started!
Combining Aspects of Kitchen Design
You know a lot more about many different aspects of kitchen design now, but to make use of it, you have to put it all together. Let’s follow these steps so that you can visualize what you want your kitchen to look like in detail.
- Feel out whether you prefer your kitchen to be inviting, sleek, or a mix of the two. This is the best place to start because it informs a lot of other design decisions.
- Once you know what kind of vibe you’re going for, choosing colors becomes a lot easier. Warm colors tend to be a little more inviting while neutrals and cold colors tend to look more luxurious. There are, of course, exceptions to this depending on what kind of look you’re going for. This is just a general guide. You can, for instance, use warm colors to create a rather expensive looking Tuscan-style kitchen. Don’t let some thin lines in design keep you from choosing the colors that feel right. It’s all about what you do with them.
- Now that you know the feeling and colors you want, the rest is easy. Now you need to decide whether you need to replace anything in your kitchen. Decorating is one thing but, sometimes, achieving the kitchen of your dreams takes a little bit of renovation. Do you need to replace or repaint your cabinets? How about buying hardware? Now is a good time to make a to-do list.
Getting to Work
- Next up is planning decor. If you want to buy new decor for your kitchen making a list of ideas is a good start. Think of the things that make you happy and whether or not they go with your vibe preference. Figuring out what you want beforehand and imagining where you will put it will help you to avoid overshopping or ending up not knowing where to put things.
- Then, go out and do some shopping. You want to do this before committing to redoing cabinets so that you can ensure you’re able to find the right colors. It would be pretty awful to repaint all the cabinets only to find you can’t get the decor to match. Remember, online shopping offers a much bigger selection.
- Last of all, you can do the bigger changes. If you plan on painting the walls or cabinets, replacing the cabinets or countertops, or redoing fixtures or hardware, now is the time. Once all of that is done, you can pull out your new decor and start placing it where you like it.
Many people will find that, once they start imagining their dream kitchen, they’re not actually happy with their current cabinets. Cabinets tend to age less than gracefully. If you want new cabinets that look great and don’t break the bank, Discount Kitchens is the perfect solution. We can help you replace your entire kitchen’s cabinets for as little as $1500. That’s a fantastic price for cabinets that look great and last significantly longer than cabinets of a comparable price. Give us a call if you want to talk estimates or come on down to our Toronto showroom to see our cabinets in person. We look forward to helping you make your kitchen design come to life!